Contacts - Members - Member profiles - Meetings - News and information from members - Engagement with CBD - More information
nrg4SD Working Group on Biological Diversity
nrg4SD launched a Working Group on Biological Diversity in August 2011 on the occassion of nrg4SD's General Assembly in Quebec. The Working Group is an initiative part of a comprehensive strategy put forward by the nrg4SD Secretariat aimed to establish several working groups within the Network in order to:
- Create dynamism and enhance the "network approach" for the activities and interests of member regions, within the framework of the topics identified for work programme 2008-2011;
- Work on specific and concrete areas, aiming to position the Network in international initiatives/events and identifying project proposals for interregional cooperation, which could fall under the calls for proposals of international funding sources, as appropriate;
- Enhance the strategic vision and long-term work of the Network.
The specific objectives of the Working Group are:
- To develop the expertise and capacity of subnational governments/regions on the implementation of the Plan of Action on Subnational Governments, Cities and other Local Authorities 2011-2020 in their territories Plan of Action;
- To create a platform for direct work between nrg4SD members, on the one hand, and the UN Convention on Biological Diversity UN CBD and the Global Partnership for Biodiversity on the other hand;
- To encourage decentralised cooperation projects on biodiversity;
- To elaborate and profile nrg4SD position papers and analysis of case studies from members
The nrgr4SD Secretariat has elaborted a Work Programme for the Group.
For more information please contact directly the Working Group coordinator or the nrg4SD Secretariat.
Working Group coordinators: Paraná (Brazil) and Rhone-Alpes (France).
Ms Mariese C. Muchailh
Coordinator of Biodiversity and Forests
Government of the State of Paraná - SEMA
Ms Amélie Jalla
Department of Climate, Environment, Health and Energy (DCESE)
Tel : +33 (0)4 26 73 58 43
A call for membership of this Working Group is open.
Members include Catalonia, Fatick, PACA, Paraná, North Burkina, Rhone-Alpes and Sao Paulo.
A call for member profiles by Working Group members was launched by Rhone-Alpes in order to understand each members' challenges regarding biodiversity; better know each biodiversity protection strategy; focus on protection projects and tools and to have an exchange on decentralised cooeperation activities.
If you are interested in Biodiversity and work like to present your regional biodiversity strategies please complete the member profile and send to email@example.com and the nrg4SD Secretariat
Member profiles are available here >
Meetings of the Working Group
Documents of this Working Group classified by meeting dates are available here >
News and information from members
- Nature and Culture technical document - EN - FR - To download full questionnaires from nrg4SD members and subnational governments click here >
- Courtesy of the Government of Catalonia in the run up to COP11
Engagement with the UN Convention on Biological Diversity CBD
Key international dates, links and preparations for COP11, Hyderabad, India, 8 - 19 October 2012 available here >
More information about nrg4SD's work on Biodiversity Protection and Forest Policy >