Please find more information on the nrg4SD here.
By joining the RegionsAdapt initiative, governments:
- Join an ambitious global group of subnational governments who are pioneer in climate change adaptation;
- Have a platform to showcase their regional actions on adaptation;
- Establish an extensive communication with other governments, offering and learning best practices;
- Become part of a global, standardized reporting system;
- Take part in CDP’s global reporting system and join over 6,300 companies, 500 cities, and 100 states and regions that already measure, manage and report their vital environmental information.
- The RegionsAdapt Secretariat, which offers support to interested and participating governments in English, Spanish and French;
- Working Groups established around the key priority areas of the initiative, gathering RegionsAdapt signatories upon their interests;
- Webinars to discuss topics of interest of all participants organised together with partners;
- Networking opportunities organised to foster exchange and help participants to be part of a community of practice;
- Workshops and events alongside major conferences to raise awareness about the initiative, its opportunities and the benefits of action;
- Call for Projects for RegionsAdapt participants who are also nrg4SD members;
- Materials and publications foster the visibility of participants’ adaptation activities.
More specifically, RegionsAdapt is a platform for:
- Tracking regional adaptation plans and strategies across the world;
- Promoting the acceleration of the adoption or revision of regional climate adaptation plans and strategies;
- Promoting concrete actions on adaptation;
- Regions to cooperate and share best practices within their different capacities and experiences on climate adaptation;
- Reporting and monitoring adaptation processes, actions and their outcomes.
- Water Resources and Management;
- Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Agriculture and Zootechnics;
- Forestry, Protected Areas and Biodiversity;
- Infrastructure (including Transport and the Energy Sectors) and Territorial Planning;
- Economic Impacts and Opportunities;
- Social Adaptation and Impacts.
In addition, RegionsAdapt works closely with UN bodies and other key partners to ensure synergies with other initiatives, particularly:
- Marrakech Partnership on Global Climate Action: The RegionsAdapt is actively involved in the Partnership and part of the Human Settlements Content Group;
- Nairobi Work Programme: nrg4SD as the Secretariat to the RegionsAdapt is one of the partner organisations of the NWP, supporting it in producing and disseminating information and knowledge on adaptation to climate change;
- Local Government and Municipal Authority Constituency: nrg4SD as the Secretariat to the RegionsAdapt is part of the LGMA Constituency to the UNFCCC, aligning forces with other city and region networks accredited to the UNFCCC;
- UNFCCC NAZCA portal: RegionsAdapt is working on ensuring that relevant data collected on state and regional government climate action is fed into the NAZCA portal (Non-state Actor Zone for Climate Action).