nrg4SD’s 2017 General Assembly (GA) and the second edition of the International Conference on Climate Change Adaptation “Islands, land of innovative solutions for all territories” will take place on the 4-6 October 2017 in Saint-Denis, hosted by the government of Reunion Island.
The annual GA meeting is the most relevant internal event of nrg4SD, as it provides the opportunity for its members to meet and discuss together the path the Network will follow in its near future, setting our priorities and the actions to be taken. Furthermore, this year marks a very special event, as nrg4SD celebrates its 15th anniversary, launching a joint declaration – The Reunion Declaration – reaffirming the commitment of its members to sustainable development, climate change, the urban agenda and biodiversity conservation.
The second edition of the International Conference on Climate Change Adaptation “Islands, land of innovative solutions for all territories” will focus on innovation and sustainable solutions to tackle climate change. The Reunion Island is an example for island territories, ultra-peripheral regions and other regions in energetic efficiency and innovative solutions. The event will facilitate exchanges among attendees through a set of workshops with the following themes:
- the challenges faced in adapting to climate change
- the societal challenge: economic and social impacts of adaptation to climate change
- the environmental challenge: biodiversity and conservation of territories
- regional territories as suppliers of sustainable solutions, as producers of resilience
Furthermore, as an outcome of this special occasion, a common position paper will be addressed by regional governments and islands in regards the Paris Agreement and towards the UN Climate Conference – COP 23, taking place in Bonn, Germany this year.
Check out also:
- Video message from Ms. Joke Schauvliege, Minister for Environment, Nature and Agriculture of Flanders, and Co-Chair for the North, for nrg4SD members. [ENGLISH AND SPANISH], [FRENCH]
- Letter from Mr. Gamini Thilakasiri, Minister of Agriculture, Agrarian Development, Irrigation and Environment of Western Province Government, and Co-Chair for the South, for nrg4SD members. [ENGLISH], [SPANISH]
More information: www.reuniongreenrevolution.com
Plus d’informations à www.reuniongreenrevolution.com
Más información en www.reuniongreenrevolution.com