Parallel event during the High-level Political Forum (HLPF) 2018 co-organized by nrg4SD, OECD and CIFAL Flanders.
Localizing the SDGs relates to how subnational governments can support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through bottom-up action and how the SDGs provide a framework for local, urban and territorial development.
Throughout the world, several regional governments have already kicked off with the efforts to implement the SDGs in their territories. Building on the launch of the nrg4SD report ‘Localizing the SDGs: regional governments paving the way’, the event will gather regions and organizations focused on a territorial perspective for the SDGs.
The parallel event will highlight:
- the launch of report by nrg4SD on the territorial implementation of the SDGs, based on the experience of regional governments worldwide;
- the proposed roadmap and activities in the OECD Programme on “A Territorial Approach to SDGs”;
- the opportunity to establish a coalition among international actors working with regional governments and the territorial approach to SDGs;
- innovative and technical approaches for the localization of the SDGs;
- modalities and good practices of collaboration across levels of government, and the participation of LRGs in national efforts;
- champions and good practices of regional governments in the localization of the SDGs;
- the required support the UN, its Member States and the international community can provide to regional governments in the localization of the SDGs;
- the importance of integrating efforts and global agendas, as the Paris Agreement, New Urban Agenda (NUA) and Sendai Framework, along with UNEA resolutions.
Full agenda here.
Registration required through this link.