The Ministry of Territory and Sustainability of the Generalitat de Catalunya would like to announce the 2012 Environment Award of the Generalitat of Catalonia to recognise the work of individuals and legal entities for the environment.
The prize has three categories:
1. Research projects, development and innovation
2. Initiatives to protect and improve the environment
3. Professional Career to protect and improve the environment
There may opt to award projects, initiatives and experiences that have been developed and/or fully or partially implemented in Catalonia in the subject field of sustainable energy and, more specifically, initiatives or projects related to distributed energy sources, and savings and energy efficiency goals that are crucial to tackle climate change and the transition to a low carbon economy.
The category Professional Career to protect and improve the environment will be awarded in any field.
The deadline for nominations is 27 April 2012, at 14 h.
The Environment Award 2012 is endowed with a diploma and an award of:
1. Research projects, development and innovation, 28,000 euros.
2. Initiatives to protect and improve the environment, 14,000 euros.
3. Paths to protect and improve the environment, 14,000 euros.
The Award will be delivered during the celebration of World Environment Day, on 5 June 2012.