Dynamics of Global environmental governance – I Symposium on Socio-environmental health
In recent years it is undeniable the debate on specific issues that the sustainability agenda brings together, whether in our region, whether in continental and global dimensions, has become so important that it can hardly be excluded from the strategic assessment of public and private actions. In this sense, the involvement of universities with international bodies and public institutions is crucial for the best forwarding of the decisions and subjects to be considered.
The V International Congress aims to respond to social and academic demands by analyzing current strategic environmental and social issues, worldwide dynamics of governance and its outcomes, relating themes to the different sciences involved. It aims also to debate the complex challenges of sustainability and integrated management in the environment and health.
In this scenario, this event will allow strategic discussions on international environmental law and sustainable development, not only in our region but with a broader view.
The Congress is aimed at academics and professionals involved with environmental issues (environmental law, international law, low carbon economy, environmental engineering, planning, architecture, environmental sciences, social sciences, political sciences, international relations, health and collective health professionals, etc. of the public and private sectors, as well as university students, representatives of civil society, and the general public.
From the central theme, dynamics of global environmental governance, the Congress addresses strategic issues of international environmental law, global governance and integrated health and Environment management:
Global environmental governance:
- Environmental Paradiplomacy
- Mediation and alternative solution of international conflicts.
- Climate Litigation
- International environmental Regimes
- Governance in climate change
- Human rights and environmental displaced
- Integrated health and environment management
- Assessment of environmental risks and vulnerabilities
- International economic law and Sustainable development
Environmental risk Analysis:
- To congregate professionals of international environmental law and the collective health that act in the education, research, government, companies and law firms sectors;
- Disseminate technical and scientific work in the area and provide an exchange of experiences;
- Promote the partnership of the various fields related to international environmental law, in particular, collective health;
- Strengthening the integration between the academic environment and the business sector;
- To consolidate the representativeness of the Catholic University of Santos and its partners in the area of international environmental law;
- Publication of selected scientific articles
Registration available here.